In this guide, I’ll take you through a simple journey on How to Sync PS3 Controller to various devices including your PC, Android device, iPhone or iPad, or Mac. Having done this numerous times, I can assure you it’s an easy process once you know the steps.
What You Need
To get started, here’s what you’ll need:
- A PS3 controller
- A USB cable, which you’ll use to connect the controller to your PC
- A Bluetooth adapter, essential for connecting the controller to your Android device, iPhone or iPad, or Mac
Connecting the PS3 Controller to Your PC
- First things first, power up your PS3 controller.
- Take the USB cable and plug one end into the controller and the other end into your PC.
- Your Windows PC will take over from here and automatically set up the necessary drivers for the controller.
- Once the drivers are in place, you’re all set to use the controller with your PC.
Connecting the PS3 Controller to Your Android Device
- Check that your Android device is updated to Android 4.0 or a newer version.
- Turn on your PS3 controller.
- Now, press and hold the PS button along with the Share button simultaneously until the controller starts to blink.
- On your Android device, navigate to the Settings app and tap on Bluetooth.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled, then select your PS3 controller from the list of devices.
- You might need to enter a passcode displayed on your controller, and then it should connect to your Android device.
Connecting the PS3 Controller to Your iPhone or iPad
- Ensure your iPhone or iPad is running on iOS 13 or a newer version.
- Power on your PS3 controller.
- Just like with Android, press and hold the PS button and the Share button together until the controller blinks.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad, tap on Bluetooth, and make sure it’s turned on.
- Select your PS3 controller from the device list, enter the passcode if prompted, and voila, it’s connected.
Connecting the PS3 Controller to Your Mac
- Your Mac should be updated to macOS 10.10 or a newer version.
- Turn on your PS3 controller.
- Press and hold the PS button and the Share button until the controller starts blinking.
- On your Mac, open the Bluetooth preferences and click on the “+” button to add a new device.
- Choose your PS3 controller from the list, enter the passcode, and it will connect to your Mac.
Troubleshooting: How to Sync PS3 Controller
If you run into any issues connecting your PS3 controller to your device, first ensure you have the correct drivers installed. If problems persist, a restart of both your device and the controller might help. Alternatively, try connecting the controller to a different device to check its functionality.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use a PS3 controller with a PS4? Unfortunately, no.
- Can I use a PS3 controller with a PC? Absolutely, yes.
- Can I use a PS3 controller with an Android device? Yes, you can.
By following these straightforward steps, you should have no trouble syncing your PS3 controller with your chosen device. Enjoy your gaming or navigation with the classic feel of a PS3 controller in your hands!