How to Deep Clean Your Squishmallows, Squishmallows are cuddly, plush toys that many people love. They’re made from materials like polyester, cotton, and a soft fabric called minky. Because of these materials, they can sometimes be a bit tricky to clean properly.
In this guide, I’ll share some helpful advice on how to keep your Squishmallows clean, ensuring they look as good as new. We’ll go through how to wash them by hand, use a washing machine, and even how to use a steamer or disinfectant for cleaning. Plus, I’ll give you some tips on how to keep them from getting dirty in the first place.
What are Squishmallows?
Squishmallows are super soft, plush toys that have won the hearts of both kids and adults. They are crafted from materials like polyester, cotton, and memory foam, making them super squishy. These toys come in many shapes, sizes, and are adorned with adorable designs that make them irresistible.
Why is it important to clean Squishmallows?
Squishmallows, with their plush softness, are adored by many. However, they can pick up dirt quite easily, especially when they are frequently played with by children. Regular cleaning is crucial to stop bacteria and mold from growing and to keep them looking their best.
For light stains, a simple spot cleaning with a damp cloth will do. But for tougher stains, a wash in the machine might be necessary. Remember to use gentle detergent and cold water to avoid damaging the fabric, and skip the fabric softener to keep them soft and cuddly. After washing, let them air dry in a cool, dry spot – avoid the dryer to prevent damage.
Following these steps will help your Squishmallows remain clean and lovely for a long time.
How to clean Squishmallows by hand
If you prefer to clean your Squishmallow by hand, here’s what you’ll need:
- A bucket or sink filled with cold water
- A gentle detergent
- A soft cloth or sponge
- Fill a bucket or sink with cold water.
- Add a bit of gentle detergent to the water.
- Dip your Squishmallow in the water to loosen dirt.
- Use the cloth or sponge to gently clean the Squishmallow.
- Rinse it well in clean water.
- Squeeze out the extra water gently.
- Lay it out to dry in a cool, dry place.
Remember, don’t use hot water or strong detergents as they can harm the fabric.
How to clean Squishmallows in the washing machine
For machine washing your Squishmallow, follow these steps:
- Turn your Squishmallow inside out.
- Put it in a mesh laundry bag.
- Set your machine to gentle cycle with cold water.
- Avoid bleach and fabric softener.
- Let it air dry completely before you put it away.
Always check the care label to ensure machine washing is safe for your Squishmallow.
How to clean Squishmallows with a steamer
A steamer is a great tool for cleaning Squishmallows, especially those made from delicate fabrics, as it’s gentle and won’t damage the material.
Steps to clean with a steamer:
- Fill your steamer with water and turn it on.
- Hold it about 6 inches away from the Squishmallow and steam for a few seconds.
- Repeat until the Squishmallow is clean.
- Let it dry completely in the air.
Steaming is quick, easy, and effective, getting your Squishmallow back in shape without harm.
How to clean Squishmallows with a disinfectant
To disinfect, spray your Squishmallow with a fabric-safe disinfectant solution and wipe it down. Always test on a small area first. Alternatively, put it in a sealed bag with a cup of vinegar and baking soda for a few hours to kill germs.
After disinfecting, rinse well with water and dry completely before using again.
How to prevent Squishmallows from getting dirty
To keep your Squishmallows clean:
- Keep them away from pets and children when possible.
- Avoid exposure to dirt and dust.
- Store them in a clean, dry place.
- Wash them regularly as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
By following these simple steps, your Squishmallows will stay clean and adorable for many years.