This guide shows you step-by-step instructions for How to Clean Uggs.
Introduction: How to Clean Uggs
UGG boots are a favorite when the weather gets cold, but keeping them clean can be a task. This guide will walk you through the steps to clean your UGG boots and offer tips on keeping them from getting dirty in the first place.
Materials Needed: How to Clean Uggs
To start cleaning your Uggs, you will need a few things:
- A soft cloth
- A little bit of water
- A gentle cleaning soap
- A brush (if you have one)
- A dryer sheet
Steps to Clean Uggs: How to Clean Uggs
Here are the materials again, with a couple of additions for clarity:
- A soft cloth
- A gentle detergent
- A brush
- A dryer sheet
Here are the steps to follow:: How to Clean Uggs
- Take out the insoles from your Uggs.
- Use a damp cloth to clean the inside of your boots.
- Put a bit of the gentle detergent on a brush.
- Carefully brush the outside of your Uggs, going the same way as the fuzzy material.
- Use a damp cloth to remove any leftover soap.
- Put the insoles back into your Uggs.
- Place a dryer sheet inside each boot.
- Set your dryer to a low temperature and let your Uggs dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
How to Prevent Uggs from Getting Dirty
Here are some tips to keep your Uggs clean:
- Only wear them when it is not wet outside.
- Clean and dry them after each use.
- Store them in a cool, dry place when you are not wearing them.
- Use a protective spray made for Uggs to help keep them clean.
How to Spot Clean Uggs
If there are just a few small spots on your Uggs, you can clean them like this:
- Rub a little bit of dish soap on the spot with your fingers.
- Use a clean, damp cloth to wipe off the soap and dirt.
- Repeat until the spot is gone.
- Let your Uggs air dry completely.
You can also use a suede cleaner. Make sure to follow the product’s instructions.
How to Deep Clean Uggs
Deep cleaning is good for removing more dirt, stains, and germs. Here’s how to do it:
- Remove the insoles.
- Wipe the inside with a damp cloth.
- Mix 1 part white vinegar with 2 parts water.
- Dip a toothbrush in the mixture and scrub the outside of your Uggs.
- Rinse them with clean water.
- Pat them dry with a towel and let them air dry fully.
Once they are dry, put the insoles back and wear your Uggs like usual.
How to Dry Uggs
You can air dry Uggs or use a hairdryer.
Put them in place with good airflow for air drying and let them dry completely. This might take a few days.
To use a hairdryer:
- Set it to low heat and keep it about 6 inches from the boots.
- Move it around until the boots are dry.
- Be careful not to get them too hot, which could damage the material.
After they are dry, apply a spray to protect them from spills and stains in the future.
FAQs About Cleaning Uggs
Can I wash Uggs in the washing machine?
No, do not put Uggs in the washing machine. The washing machine’s heat and tumbling can ruin the soft material of your Uggs.
Can I dry Uggs in the dryer?
No, you should not put Uggs in the dryer. The dryer’s heat can harm the soft material of your boots.
How do I clean the inside of my Uggs?
To clean the inside, you can wipe it with a dry cloth to remove dirt. You can also use a bit of water and gentle detergent, but make sure they are completely dry before you wear them again.
How do I clean Uggs with vinegar?
Mix equal parts of vinegar and water. Dip a cloth into the mixture, wring it out, and gently wipe your Uggs. Let them air dry fully.
How do I clean Uggs with baking soda?
Sprinkle a good amount of baking soda on your Uggs. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes. Then, brush off the baking soda with a dry cloth.
How do I clean Uggs with a dryer sheet?
Put a dryer sheet inside each Ugg and dry them on low heat for about 10 minutes. This helps remove dust and dirt.
How do I clean Uggs with a toothbrush?
Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to scrub away dirt gently. Be careful not to damage the soft material.
How do I clean Uggs with a shoe cleaner?
Follow the instructions on the shoe cleaner. Always test it on a small part of the Ugg first.