How to Clean Oven Racks, Oven racks can become very dirty and sticky over time, which can make them hard to clean. But, do not worry! I am here to share some easy steps that will make your oven racks shine just like they did when they were new.
Here are the steps on how to clean oven racks:
- First, take the oven racks out of the oven.
- Next, put the oven racks in a sink or a big tub filled with hot water mixed with some dish soap.
- Let the oven racks sit in the soapy water for at least 30 minutes.
- After soaking, take a scrubbing pad or a cleaning brush and scrub the oven racks until they are clean.
- Then, rinse the oven racks well with water.
- Finally, use a towel to dry the oven racks completely.
Here are a few tips for cleaning oven racks:
- It’s best to use a gentle dish soap because strong chemicals can harm the oven racks.
- Try not to use harsh scrubbers because they can scratch the oven racks.
- If the oven racks are very dirty, they might need to soak for a longer time.
- Make sure to rinse the oven racks well after cleaning them to remove any soap residue.
Here are a few safety precautions to take when cleaning oven racks:
- Wear gloves to keep your hands safe from the hot water and soap.
- Be careful not to spill the hot water on yourself.
- Avoid using anything with an open flame or a hair dryer to dry the oven racks because it’s not safe.
If you find some stains that won’t go away, you might want to use a cleaner made specifically for ovens. Just make sure to read and follow the instructions on the cleaner’s label carefully.
To keep the oven racks from getting dirty again, you can wipe them with a damp cloth after you use the oven. You might also want to use a degreaser to clean the oven racks once every month.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your oven racks free from grease and dirt.