How to Clean Cabbage, Cabbage is a wonderful vegetable that you can add to lots of different meals. But before you can enjoy it, you need to make sure it is clean. I am going to show you, step by step, how to clean cabbage so it is ready to eat and tastes great.
Cabbage is a wonderful vegetable that you can add to lots of different meals. But before you can enjoy it, you need to make sure it is clean. I am going to show you, step by step, how to clean cabbage so it is ready to eat and tastes great.
Steps: How to Clean Cabbage
- First, put the cabbage under cold water from the tap.
- Next, cut the cabbage into four pieces.
- Take out the hard part in the middle from each piece.
- Put the pieces of cabbage in a strainer.
- Get a bowl and mix some water with a little bit of vinegar in it.
- Put the cabbage pieces in the bowl with the vinegar water.
- Let the cabbage pieces sit in the vinegar water for 5 minutes.
- Take the cabbage pieces out of the vinegar water.
- Wash the cabbage pieces again under cold water from the tap.
- Use a clean kitchen towel to dry the cabbage pieces.
Tips: How to Clean Cabbage
Here are some helpful hints for cleaning cabbage:
- If your cabbage is really big, you might want to cut it into smaller pieces before you put it in the vinegar water.
- You can also use a brush made for cleaning vegetables to scrub the cabbage pieces before you soak them in the vinegar water.
- Make sure to wash the cabbage pieces well after they have been in the vinegar water to get rid of any vinegar taste that might be left.
Benefits of cleaning cabbage
Cleaning cabbage is important because it gets rid of any dirt, things that don’t belong, or germs that might be on it. This makes the cabbage taste better and it might even make it better for you to eat. Also, cleaning cabbage well can help keep you from getting sick from germs in your food.