How to Clean an Electric Griddle, Electric griddles make cooking various meals easy and fun, but cleaning them might not always feel the same. If we skip cleaning the griddle often, it can get covered in grease and dirt, making it hard to use for cooking.
In this article, I’ll share how to clean an electric griddle to keep it shiny and working well. Plus, I’ll give some advice on how to keep it from getting dirty too quickly.
Tools and Materials
You’ll need a few things to clean your electric griddle properly:
- A wet cloth or paper towel
- A gentle cleaner
- A scraper or brush (if you have one)
- Warm water
- A towel for drying
How to Clean an Electric Griddle: Steps
Here’s a simple way to clean your electric griddle:
- Make sure the griddle is unplugged and cool.
- Use the wet cloth to gently wipe the griddle’s surface.
- If there’s tough dirt or grease, put some gentle cleaner on the area and wait a few minutes.
- Wipe the griddle again with the wet cloth.
- If you like, you can lightly rub some cooking oil on the griddle to help stop rust.
Keep these tips in mind when cleaning your electric griddle:
- Always unplug the griddle before cleaning.
- Use a soft cloth or sponge to avoid scratching the griddle.
- Stay away from harsh cleaners or rough scrubbing pads, as they can harm the griddle’s surface.
- If the griddle is very dirty, you might let it soak in warm soapy water for a bit before cleaning.
- Rinse the griddle well with warm water and dry it with a clean towel.
How to Clean an Electric Griddle: Common Mistakes
Avoid these common cleaning mistakes to keep your griddle in top shape:
- Don’t use strong chemicals or rough cleaners, as they can scratch and damage the griddle.
- Avoid scrubbing too hard, which can also harm the griddle’s surface.
- Make sure to clean the griddle after every use to prevent grease and food bits from building up.
By dodging these mistakes, you can help keep your electric griddle clean and ready for cooking.
Q: What’s the best way to clean an electric griddle?
A: A common way to clean it is using a gentle cleaner and a soft scrubbing tool. First, unplug and cool the griddle. Then, apply the cleaner and gently scrub off any dirt or grease. Rinse with warm water and dry well.
Q: Can I clean my electric skillet with dish soap?
A: It’s better not to use dish soap on an electric grill because it can leave a film that makes future cleaning harder. Use a cleaner made for griddles instead.
Q: How often should I clean my electric griddle?
A: How often you clean depends on how much you use it. Clean it after every use if you use it a lot, or once a week or month if you use it less.
Q: How can I prevent my electric griddle from getting dirty?
A: To keep your griddle cleaner, wipe it down after each use, don’t overfill it when cooking, and use a non-stick spray to stop food from sticking.
How to Clean an Electric Griddle: Conclusion
We’ve gone through how to clean an electric griddle, from the tools you’ll need to the steps and tips for keeping it clean. This guide makes cleaning your griddle easier and helps you keep it in great condition.
For more tips on cleaning your electric griddle, you might find these articles helpful:
- How to Clean an Electric Griddle by The Spruce Eats
- How to Clean an Electric Griddle by Good Housekeeping
- How to Clean an Electric Griddle by KitchenAid
Call to Action
If you found this guide useful, please share it with friends and family who also have electric griddles. And if you have any questions or extra tips, feel free to leave a comment below.