Today, I am going to share some easy steps on How to Clean a Wetsuit. Over time, wetsuits can get dirty and start to smell not so nice. It is very important to wash them often so they stay in great shape.
How to Clean a Wetsuit: Materials Needed
For this task, you will need a few simple things:
- A gentle soap
- Lukewarm water
- A big container
- A soft cloth
- A place to hang your wetsuit
Let us walk through the process of cleaning your wetsuit:
- First, pour warm water over your wetsuit to get rid of any dirt or sand.
- Next, put a little bit of gentle soap into a container of warm water.
- Move your wetsuit around in the soapy water to help loosen any dirt.
- Carefully use a soft brush to clean the wetsuit. Be gentle to avoid harming the material.
- Wash the wetsuit well with warm water to make sure all the soap is gone.
- Finally, hang your wetsuit in a place with good airflow to let it dry.
Here are some helpful hints for washing your wetsuit:
- Stay away from strong soaps or chemicals because they can hurt your wetsuit.
- Make sure to rinse your wetsuit well to get all the soap out.
- Hang your wetsuit in a breezy spot to dry.
- Do not let your wetsuit dry in the bright sun, as it can damage the material.
How to Clean a Wetsuit: Common Mistakes
Sometimes, people make these mistakes when cleaning their wetsuits:
- Using strong soaps or chemicals.
- Not rinsing the wetsuit well enough.
- Drying the wetsuit in a moist or dark place.
- Letting the wetsuit dry in the direct sunlight.
By avoiding these mistakes, you can keep your wetsuit clean and in great shape for a long time.
How to Clean a Wetsuit: FAQs
Q: How often should I wash my wetsuit?
A: You should wash your wetsuit after you use it each time or at least once every week. This helps stop bacteria and mold from growing and keeps your wetsuit lasting longer.
Q: What kind of soap should I use?
A: Use a mild soap made especially for wetsuits. Avoid strong soaps or bleach, as they can harm the wetsuit’s material.
Q: How do I rinse my wetsuit well?
A: Wash your wetsuit with cool water until all the soap is out. Turn the inside out and make sure it is all rinsed well.
Q: How should I dry my wetsuit?
A: Let your wetsuit air dry in a cool, airy spot. Do not dry it in the sun or near heat, as this can hurt the material.
Q: Where should I keep my wetsuit when I am not using it?
A: Store your wetsuit in a cool, dry place. Do not keep it in the sun or near heat, and try not to fold it to avoid creases and damage.
How to Clean a Wetsuit: Conclusion
We have covered everything you need to know about keeping your wetsuit clean. I hope you find these tips useful and that they help you keep your wetsuit in top condition for many fun adventures to come.
If you have more questions about cleaning your wetsuit, feel free to reach out. We are here to help.