How to Clean a Septum Piercing, Having a septum piercing means you have a piece of jewelry going through the part of your nose that separates your nostrils. A lot of people like this kind of piercing because it heals pretty easily and it’s not as easy to see as some other piercings. But, cleaning it the right way is super important so you don’t end up with it getting infected or irritated.
Here’s how you should clean your septum piercing:
- Always wash your hands with soap and water before you touch your piercing.
- Dip a cotton ball or a piece of gauze into a saltwater mix.
- Carefully put the saltwater on your piercing.
- Do steps 2 and 3 two to three times every day.
Also, try not to touch your piercing too much. This helps it stay clean and lowers the chance of getting an infection. If you really need to touch it, make sure to wash your hands first.
Precautions to Take When Cleaning Your Septum Piercing
- Stay away from strong soaps or chemicals when cleaning your piercing.
- Don’t use alcohol or hydrogen peroxide on your piercing.
- Don’t pick at or poke your piercing.
- Avoid wearing clothes or jewelry that’s tight and might rub against your piercing.
If your piercing hurts, swells up, or has stuff coming out of it, you should see a doctor.
By following these steps, your septum piercing will stay clean and healthy.
Tools and Materials
You’ll need these things to clean your septum piercing:
- Saline solution
- Sterile gauze pads
- Clean hands
Steps: How to Clean a Septum Piercing
Here’s what you need to clean your septum piercing:
- Saline solution
- Gently soapy water
- Sterile saline spray
Once you’ve got everything ready, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Soak a Q-tip in saline solution and gently clean inside your nose around the piercing.
- Do the same for the outside of your nose.
- Spray your piercing with sterile saline spray.
- Let it air dry.
Cleaning your septum piercing twice a day, in the morning and at night, is really important. Also, don’t touch your piercing with dirty hands, as it could lead to infection.
Precautions: How to Clean a Septum Piercing
When cleaning your septum piercing, remember these tips to avoid any problems:
- Always wash your hands before and after cleaning your piercing.
- Use a sterile saline solution or wound wash for cleaning.
- Don’t use strong chemicals or rough cleaners.
- Don’t touch or pick at your piercing without reason.
- Steer clear of tight clothes or jewelry that could bother your piercing.